Saturday, June 6, 2009

Swimming Lessons!

Thanks to Bellabbr for suggesting swim lessons! I took my then 2 year old son to swim lessons when we were at Fort Benning, and he loved it! I don't think we'll be tackling that this summer, since I think it would be a bit much with my 6 month old in one arm. However, here's some info for you all:

YMCA (thanks Bellabbr!)

Fayetteville YMCA
2717 Fort Bragg Road
Fayetteville, NC 28303
Telephone: 910-323-0800

Its $60 for 8 classes if you are not a member and $30 if you are (membership for the family is $59 a month). They have classes M&W, T&Thur and Sat mornings. Their website also provides some very detailed info: http://www.fayettevilleymca.org/Fayetteville_YMCA/Fayetteville_YMCA%3A_Aquatics.html

Fort Bragg/Pope AFB YMCA
208 Thorncliff Dr
Fayetteville, NC 28303

After raking their website, I don't think this Y provides swim lessons. I kept it on the list, b/c they do seem to have a lot of other kid's programs. Here's their website: http://www.braggasymca.org/index.htm

Hope Mills YMCA
3910D
Hope Mills, NC 28348
Telephone: 910-426-9622
Telephone: 910-436-0500

http://www.fayettevilleymca.org/Hope_Mills_YMCA/Hope_Mills_YMCA%3A_Aquatics.html

I thought it was interesting that you can just get a pool membership at the Y if you're not interested in the other services they provide.

On post through CYS: The CYS website says to call the Community Recreation Division at 643-8533.

HealthPlex of Cape Fear Valley Health System
1930 Skibo Road, Fayetteville, NC

There appear to be a variety of lessons offered here (for different ages). The prices vary depending on whether you are a member or not.
Specifics of the lessons: http://www.healthplexonline.com/index_aquatics.htm
Times and fees http://www.healthplexonline.com/index_aquatics.htm

The Sports Center (Thanks Rae Anne for the info!)
5951 Cliffdale Rd.
Fayetteville, NC 28314
(910) 864-3303
http://www.sportscenterfnc.com/swimming.html
Cost: Member $50
Non-member $65
According to their website, they have swim lesson schedules available at their front desk. I like that it appears they have swim lessons for 3 year olds that are NOT parent/tot, so maybe I'd just have to sit and watch (with my 6 month old).

If anyone knows of any other places for swim lesson, let me know and I'll post it! :o)

Also, thank you to all of you who have contributed to this blog so far!

7 comments:

  1. I don't know if there are still openings but there are $20 swimming lessons through Fayetteville Parks and Recreation. http://www.fcpr.us/aquatics.php
    that website has lots of other great info- we've gone a couple times to Loblolly Garden Tuesday mornings in Clark Park- they have a toddler/ preschool playtime there where the kids help the gardener and sing songs and play in the garden. the nature center is neat too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info jaklew! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does anyone know a public pool that I can take my kids swimming to in the morning?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Good morning all! First-time poster here. I'd just like to say thanks to everyone here for providing wonderful great info!

    Teaching children with autism to swim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are these still available? My daughter is Army. I am here for the summer watching grandbaby. He's 4 mos old. I am looking for infant swim instructors. PLEASE HELP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are these still available? My daughter is Army. I am here for the summer watching grandbaby. He's 4 mos old. I am looking for infant swim instructors. PLEASE HELP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is extremely nice to see the greatest details presented in an easy and understanding manner. Zwembad plaatsen tuin

    ReplyDelete