Tuesday, June 30, 2009

NC Zoo



If you're willing to do a little driving, the NC Zoo is a great place to take your kids. It is located in Asheboro, NC, and takes about an hour and a half from Fort Bragg. When you go, unless you're positive that your kids will be able to walk, I HIGHLY recommend bringing a stroller, and wearing good walking shoes. This zoo is hilly and very spread out, so there's lots of walking to be done.

Tickets: $10 for adults, and $6 for kiddos. Under 2 is free.
Hours: April-October: 9-5, November-March: 9-4

There are SO many great exhibits here, and a few different places to stop and eat. It is very stroller friendly as well, with wide, paved paths and ramps. The three times I have visited this zoo, I have never had any issues with anything. I highly recommend making the trip.

Their website: http://www.nczoo.org/index.cfm

2 comments:

  1. I agree it's a lot of walking. For a little longer drive, 30+ minutes, I prefer the SC Zoo. It's cleaner, less walking and there is a huge, beautiful botanic gardens, which is the selling point for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, I've never been to the SC Zoo, I'll have to check it out sometime! Is this the one you're talking about? http://www.riverbanks.org/

    ReplyDelete