Friday, June 5, 2009

The Fast Food Playdate




Allright, let's compile a list of restaurants in the area that have a play area, and what we think of them.

McDonalds
207 MURCHISON
SPRING LAKE, NC 28390


I've been to this McDonalds MANY times for playdates. I love that the play area is large, and that there is only one entrance/exit to the area. There is a large eating area within the play area, and it's great b/c you can keep an eye on your kids/eat while they play. I've found that it's very clean, as far as play areas go. This is the only McDonalds with a play area that I've been to (in the Fayetteville area). Here's a list of the others, with play areas, in the area:

5009 SANTE FE ROAD
FAYETTEVILLE, NC 28303-2758
(910)867-7419

1900 SKIBO ROAD
FAYETTEVILLE, NC 28314-1540
(910)864-0720

810 S REILLY RD
FAYETTEVILLE, NC 28314
(910)864-9631

3815 RAMSEY ST
FAYETTEVILLE, NC 28311-7640
(910)488-4773

6779 RAEFORD RD
FAYETTEVILLE, NC 28303
(910)868-9710

3000 NORTH MAIN STREET
HOPE MILLS, NC 28348-1722
(910)425-5329

5090 NC HIGHWAY 87 SOUTH
FAYETTEVILLE, NC 28306
(910)485-7373

111-A 401 BYPASS
RAEFORD, NC 28376
(910)904-0333


Sonic

I've also been to Sonic on Cliffdale and Yadkin several times for playdates. Both are great b/c the play area is fenced in (outside), and there's only one entrance/exit. They both have sand playgrounds, with large play structures. The Yadkin playground is significantly larger than Cliffdale. The one large downside to both is that the tables in the eating area are FILTHY. Not just food debris, but blackened with dirt on the tables. This hasn't kept me from going, b/c my son loves it, and so do his friends, but we are definitely careful not to put any food on the table. I'm listing all of the Sonic locations, b/c I believe that they all have playgrounds, but I'm not positive.

5846 YADKIN ROAD, FAYETTEVILLE, NC 28303
1208 N. BRAGG BLVD, SPRING LAKE, NC 28390
5938 CLIFFDALE ROAD, FAYETTEVILLE, NC 28314-2121
3609 RAMSEY STREET, FAYETTEVILLE, NC 28311
2886 HOPE MILLS ROAD, FAYETTEVILLE, NC 28306

Chick Fil-A
1921 Skibo Rd.
Fayetteville, NC 28314

I believe that is the only Chick Fil-A that has a play area. I have only been to this play area once, and I wasn't very impressed. It was very small, and you can't actually sit in the play area. You can sit outside it and watch, but then your kids are going in and out of the door. It's definitely an option, but not the best, in my opinion.

Burger King

I've never had a playdate at a Burger King. Their website doesn't seem to state which locations have a play area. Does anyone know?

Does Wendy's have play areas?

Joe's Crab Shack

I almost didn't post this one b/c if you're going there, it's obviously not just for the kiddos (b/c of the non fast-food prices) However, their play area is great. You can sit above it (there's a ramp leading down to it), and there's only one entrance/exit, and it's onto the deck eating area. I also think kids eat free on Tuesday?

Are there any other eat and play restaurants that you all can think of?


8 comments:

  1. a Monkey Joes just opened in the Westgate Shopping Center. I haven't ckecked it out yet, but soundds like a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey KellyFamily, there's a post below on Monkey Joe's (my son LOVES it!). Check it out! :o) Thanks for the suggestion, and feel free to give more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard there is an awesome McDonald's in Hope Mills near I-95, supposedly a fantastic play area. Anyone been there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi 4petersons! If you know the address of that McDonalds in Hope Mills, please share. The only one I could find in Hope Mills on McDonald's website is the one listed above. There is another McDonalds on Legion Rd (which is close to I-95) that I did not list b/c it says it doesn't have a play area. But maybe it's wrong? Let me know if you figure it out :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Chick-Fil-A on N Ramsey (near the walmart) also has a small play area. It just opened last summer. The people there are always super nice and it's been pretty clean when we've been there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks jaklew, I'll have to check it out! Is it bigger than the one on Skibo?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Burger King on pope has a play area, kind of like McDonalds... nice because there are usually less kids there.

    ReplyDelete