Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hope Mills Dam

Thanks again to Bellabbr for another suggestion! This is another one that I haven't visited, but hope to in the near future. I was talking to one of my friends today about how we all (myself included) complain that there's not enough to do with kids, but really there is, we just need to get out and do it! Here's what Bellabbr said about the Hope Mills Dam area:

"Today we went out to the Hope Mills Dam and its a really nice area. There is a fishing dock, an area to swim, rent paddle boats, a kids playground and then a covered aread that sells icees, hot dogs, burgers, sodas and chips. Really nice area to hang out with the kids. Also on Saturday nights, they have free movie night.
Its on N Main street and Trade Street in Hope Mills. "

I couldn't find anymore info online about this area, so has anyone else been there? I did find out that the new dam was just completed in Oct 08, so this should be a pretty new area- unless they just reopened the old area? I really have no idea...

2 comments:

  1. The just reopened an old are. I think it was 05 that the last damn broke in a storm and they rebuilt. It is a nice area though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just passing through....I found your blog while searching for information on the splash pad in Fayetteville. I love to take my children (6 and 3) to the HM Lake....not for the water really, but for the icees!!! The have a ton of different flavors and the small size is only ONE DOLLAR! And they are a good size for the money. My 3 year old loves the Spiderman flavor and my 6 year old like the Barbie flavor. They do show a movie on Saturday nights lakeside. We haven't had the chance to go, but I do know that it's at 8pm on Saturday nights. There is one on the 15th, next Saturday, but I don't know what it is. They give free popcorn too. Oh yeah, and there is a small playground area there as well that is fenced all the way around. A great place to run off some energy while you are there. ;)

    ReplyDelete