Monday, June 22, 2009

Ft Bragg/Pope Movie Theater

http://rthktheworks.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/monsters-vs-aliens.jpg
I've gone past the movie theater on Ardennes many times, but never thought to watch a movie there. But this weekend, I noticed that they were playing Monsters Vs Aliens, which my 3 year old has been asking to see for months (we missed it in the regular theater). So, we avoided the blistering heat on Saturday, and headed to the 4pm show. I was very pleasantly surprised by how cheap the tickets were, and the theater was just fine. They had overpriced popcorn and drinks like everywhere else aswell. Here's the details:

York Theater
C-7950 Ardennes St., Fort Bragg

Pope Theater
372 Virgin St., Pope AFB

website: http://www.aafes.com/ems/conus/bragg.htm

For current listings, call 910-960-9660 I just called to make sure it works, and it does. The lady hadn't made the recording yet, so she actually answered the phone and then after asking if I was looking for the listings, read them all off for me. For kiddos, Monsters vs. Aliens, Hannah Montana, and Transformers (old kids) are playing this week.

The best part was the prices:
Matinees @ 1pm and 4pm- $2 (kids and adults)
7pm- children $2, adults $3
I THINK that children must be over 3, b/c we only paid $4 for the 4 of us for a 4pm showing.

Just an FYI on Monsters Vs Aliens for everyone- I thought it was a cute movie, but pretty intense. My 3 year old liked it, but was definitely sitting in his Dad's lap clinging to him for a lot of it. If you're wary of any violence for your kiddos, this probably isn't the movie for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment