Monday, July 27, 2009

Lake Waldo's Beach Campground and Swimming Area

http://www.lakewaldosbeachcampground.com/images/waldoslarge.jpg

While searching for a place to go camping nearby for father's day weekend I stumbled upon this place. I've never been there (has anyone?), but this is what I found:

Location: 6742 Waldo's Beach Road
Fayetteville, N.C. 28306.

Their Website: http://www.lakewaldosbeachcampground.com/

I do have a friend (thanks Christi!) who has been to Lake Waldo, and this is what she said:

"I wanted to tell you to not waste your time or $ at waldos beach. it was expensive - $12 for me and $10 for dylan to get in. they had one pool with 2 kids slides and one big waterslide. then a seperate lazy river (went in a circle and that was it), a very small chidrens area. and they roped off a small swimming area at the lake with a small sand beach. they had an area for older kids in the lake with rope swings and stuff."

Definitely not the best review...has anyone else been there? Sounds like it might be a good place for bigger kids!

2 comments:

  1. I have heard from elementary aged and middle school children that Fantasy Lake is better. I have 3 children who have been to Fantasy Lake and they liked it; however, be warned that it is dirty lake water. I, myself, have not been to either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swimming lessons by Anna is a great option if your kids want to learn how to swim!!

    ReplyDelete